Black Combe Air-Dried Ham Salad with Warm Butternut Squash
12 slices Black Combe ham
1 small butternut squash
8 sage leaves
3 garlic cloves, crushed
120ml olive oil
350g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 pack of baby spinach, washed
1 whole garlic bulb
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar
- Peel, halve and de-seed the squash, cut into small chunks. Toss the squash, sage leaves and crushed garlic in 2 tbsp of olive oil and season generously. Chop whole garlic bulb in half and add to tin. Roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil, fry until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste. Once cooked, leave to cool slightly.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and toss ¾ of the dressing with the mushrooms and squash.
- Place a layer of baby spinach on a plate and spoon over the mushrooms and squash, then tear the ham into large pieces and place over the mushrooms and squash.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the ham. Serve with crusty bread.